Monday 2 May 2011

Another day in paradise


Some days just make your heart sing don't they? It's a glorious May Day holiday here and I'm enjoying some creative time out in my studio. Toby isn't making it easy to use the longarm machine but he just loves to keep me company! What is it with cats and quilts? I've added to my collection of 4inch Cut and Come Again blocks today. After a couple of hours this morning I've nearly made enough to play with the final layout. I haven't decided yet but I'll probably join them with narrow sashing strips to add a more formal structure - the control freak in me isn't too comfortable with totally random! The garden is a big distraction right now. As a result of all the warm sunny weather we've been having it looks as though we'll have a great crop of cherries this year - that's as long as the birds don't beat us to them! Maybe I shouldn't dare say it but a drop of rain would be good to swell the fruits. And just look at the bluebells in the wild part of our garden - what could look prettier than England in the spring? I hope you are having a good day too!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to be in England in 2 weeks. Yay I can't wait! it will still be spring!. Love the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing the same sentiments as you about the weather at the moment. May is on song and glorious in Durban, SA. Love your 'cut and come' quilt. Dare I say no sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil - thanks for your thoughts about the sashing or no sashing question. It would certainly be easier not to have any!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda can you give any advice about long arm machines? is there a good one to aim for that is for sale in the uk? or should you start with a frame and use your own Machine, any tips would be very helpful - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trish,
    You can often see a range of short and longarm machines being demonstrated at major quilt shows and the stallholders are very keen to encourage you to have a go yourself. That's probably the best way to decide what suits you, your available space and the style of work you do.

    ReplyDelete