Thursday 31 May 2012

Celebration time

It can't have escaped anyone's notice that it's Jubilee celebrations this weekend. We're doing our bit and flying the flag in honour of Her Majesty. I hadn't noticed until I took the photo how the house looks as though it's being swallowed by the jungle of clematis and hydrangeas!


'He who gardens' has grown a patriotic red, white and blue scheme of Petunias for the chimney pots outside my studio door.


If the weather co-operates they'll soon fill the pots and be lovely all through the summer!


We've even had a stab at a vaguely flag-shaped arrangement in one of the beds. It'll look OK when the plants cover all that bare earth!


It offends me slightly that the Royal blue Petunias are more than a little violet but nature can't always be relied on can it?

I'll finish with a fun shot especially for Pam who says she enjoys seeing our wildlife! This little frog wouldn't co-operate either - he had to be rescued from a hot greenhouse but he was far too lively to be photographed without a careful restraining hand. I got a quick picture before he jumped off to the cool shade of the shrubbery!


If you have celebrations planned this weekend like we do I hope the rain holds off and you have lots of fun.

Thanks for dropping by - I'll be back again soon - Linda

4 comments:

  1. I remember when the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics torch relay passed through Cochrane, Alberta, when I happened to be there (it's just west of Calgary). Such excitement! It was a real thrill to see it! And when the torch relay ran through the streets of Montreal when I lived there in 1976 for those summer Olympics... and when I was pregnant when Calgary got the 1988 winter Olympics, and bought tickets to the skate dancing because I just 'knew' (no tests) I'd be taking a daughter to them -- and I did! It is all wonderful, and worth all the hype and silliness and over-spending just to embrace the excellence portrayed in amateur athletes giving it all they've got. May your Olympics be a blessed and happy time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda, I take bird photos nearly everyday but even though I hear the frogs in the gullies and bush where I walk they refuse to come out and pose! Australian frogs must be camera shy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful day and celebrate mightily! All the best to you and yours. G's not keen, but is turning a blind eye to my madness and the fact that I've just stapled bunting to the parasol and hung flags on the arbour (or my "cottage" as I prefer to call it because it has a home-made thatched roof!) There's flags in plant pots and I'm going to have a knees up! I intend to start on the champage first thing - possibly before I've got out of bed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an almost kissably cute frog!

    ReplyDelete