Tuesday 15 April 2014

Bird paintings

I promised to put proper photos of my bird paintings on the blog a couple of weeks ago and today I've finally got around to it! They are all on wooden panels and the photos show the complete painting as well as a detail and a side view to show the depth of the panel sides. The birds were displayed alongside the digitally printed fabrics at a recent show at the National Exhibition Centre but now the show is over I've made them available on the Paintings for Sale page. Please email me if you'd like more information or if you're interested to buy one.


This is a colourful Chaffinch - one of my favourite garden birds. He's one of the 8 birds I've painted for this series so far but I haven't got the bird theme out of my system just yet. At the show I was asked for a Robin and a Kingfisher so I've added them to the 'to do' list. In the meantime,  yesterday I started a Goldfinch appliqué and Laura and I have plans for a collaborative quilt too! I'll let you see progress on that front as soon as it takes shape.

Talk to you again soon - Linda


1 comment: