Wednesday 30 September 2015

Blood Moon Rising, Pat's vase and more time frittering

I've been working in my art diary with the super moon theme and am content with how it's going.


Here's a night sky of fluid Liquitex acrylic inks just waiting for its big moon to be added as soon as it's completely dry.


I've even started several small quilted pieces using some of Laura's digitally printed fabrics. This moon was discharged with de Colorant plus. It's a product that takes out the original colour and replaces it with another. Coppery red for this special Blood Moon obviously!


If you subscribe to DMTV you may remember this quilted, embroidered and painted textile vase I made recently to wrap around a glass cylinder.


I have to thank Pat for showing me the vase she was inspired to make after seeing the video!


Completely different techniques but just as effective!

If you have time to kill and don't mind sitting in front of a computer screen all day, have you heard about the Felix Dennis auction? It's a 3 day event and there's 2 down and 1 to go. I've spent hours watching the bids online today. Quite compulsive viewing - if you like auctions that is. Fortunately the time wasn't completely wasted as Laura and I had the embroidery machine doing its own thing in the background. It's good to multitask! The auction continues tomorrow so it looks like another lost day!

Thanks for dropping by. I'm off to the workroom to see if any of the stuff I did today is dry yet!

Linda x

1 comment:

  1. The vase Pat made is wonderful!! You and Laura are always such an inspiration to us!!!

    ReplyDelete