Today it was this beat up pine box with its alphabet and number printing blocks. It's sadly not complete but I don't care because I often mix different fonts together in my altered books. These will no doubt make an appearance in the 'Little Book of Red' that some of you may have seen on DMTV recently. We spent a bit of money on other things so the stall holder threw the blocks in for nothing - can't be bad!
I've been sewing as well as mooching round market stalls for bargains. The PowerQuilter is earning its keep again. I had a happy hour free motion quilting this bird panel. It's one of the cardboard etchings I made for a DMTV video that's now been digitally printed onto cotton fabric by Jamie and Laura at Fingerprint.
I'm stitching a design of leaves to echo the printed leaves and using spirals to fill in the gaps and travel across from leaf to leaf.
Although I should really finish all the quilting before I start to add paint (or at least take the needle out of the cloth!!) you can see I was impatient to see how a little white acrylic ink would look. I think it will draw attention to the stitched leaves and help them sit happily amongst the printed ones.
In town today I resisted the window display in my favourite dress shop and came home to make something from my vast stash of jersey fabrics.
This started life as a Vogue pattern I've used many times. I shortened the sleeves, narrowed the sides, lengthened the whole thing and added two enormous patch pockets. Doesn't bear much similarity to the photograph on the pattern packet but it will be a really easy piece to wear as the weather warms up.
Hope tomorrow will be just as productive!
Bye for now,