Tuesday 21 March 2017

DMTV Prep Time in the Studio and have you seen Fran's Website yet?

Recording our videos for DMTV is often the quickest part of the process - it's the advance prep that often takes up the time. Not that I'm complaining - there are worse ways to spend your days!


I've been stitching this monoprinted bird today. He's a springtime project soon to be a video.


And for a change of activity, in the evenings I like to do a bit of drawing. You may remember I showed the seedhead skeletons I found a few days ago - here's last night's quick sketch in pen.


When I'm struggling for inspiration nature always comes to the rescue. We made the most of a lovely day yesterday for a walk around the village, iPad in hand. You never know what photo opportunities may present themselves!


Just look at what we spotted low down in the hedge. It would be quite a feat for a human to attempt to construct such perfection but some little birds have managed it! Nice subject for a painting I think!


Speaking of perfection - have you seen my younger daughter's website yet? Everyone knows about Laura because we have worked together since she left university but you may not know I have two daughters. My younger daughter Frances is more of a newcomer to the creative world of textiles. She's made the big step of leaving her 'proper job' in advertising to set up her online shop, MaxandRosie. I am so proud of what she's doing! Her work is simply beautiful with such attention to detail.


Please take a minute to check out her beautiful website to see all the lovely things she has for sale, all made by her own fair hands. Frances has added lots of new products this week, including the brush roll you see above. If you're quick you may just be in time to order for Mothers' Day!

Thanks for dropping by today - Linda x





No comments:

Post a Comment