Thursday 22 June 2017

Pottery and Patchwork

I love it when things get finished! Laura went to collect the pots we decorated at the pottery a couple of weeks ago. They've been fired and look lovely now.


I'm so pleased with how the colours look against my kitchen tiles. The paints we used don't look like the finished article until they've been in the kiln, making colour selection as you apply the paint a bit of a guessing game. I hedged my bets and mixed two or three different ones.


The unglazed butter dish has gone from this........


To this. I don't think I could have had a better result considering I didn't have a spare tile for reference and just had to carry the colour in my head. Mind you, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I just love my tiles so I suppose I do study them closely!


The heatwave this week has meant it was easier to sit and sew than to do anything that involved movement! At least I finished the hand quilting on my Rail Fence patchwork. The cushion is a nice, bright addition to one of our garden benches.


Just have to get on and finish the table cover quilt now!

Talk to you again soon - Linda x

4 comments:

  1. Linda just love the pillow a simple design but so effective, and the colours just pop. I love to have cushions on my garden seat it is very inviting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ally - I always love strip patchwork. Sometimes the simplest designs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion is LOVELY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robbie - glad to hear you like it!

    ReplyDelete