Thursday 27 July 2017

A reminder about Max & Rosie in Cheltenham

Just thought I'd remind anyone near to Cheltenham this weekend that my daughter Frances is having a stall at the Suffolks Sunday Market, on Suffolk Parade in the lovely town of Cheltenham. Frances and her partner Matt will be there with her beautiful hand made wares between 11am and 4 pm on Sunday - please go and tell her I said to say hello. Of course it would also be wonderful if you bought something!!



If you can't get to Cheltenham on Sunday you can always visit Frances' website to buy her gorgeous accessories online. Frances uses original, digital prints produced by my other daughter Laura, in the Fingerprint studio she runs with her partner Jamie. As you can see it's a great family collaboration! I'm really lucky to have two such talented girls!




Here at home I've been working on our Summer Stitch-Along book wrap. You can find all the latest details in the 'News' section at DMTV. We'll be posting this week's instalment later today. (That's Thursday 27th July). I hope you're enjoying working along with us and will post photos of your book wraps in the gallery once you're done! Mine is going to transform an old photograph album and I'm liking how it's coming along even before I do any stitching.



I've also set myself something of a challenge with my latest project. These tiny hexagons do take time to put together but I love the results I'm getting - despite all the raw edges I think even the back of the work is lovely! DMTV members saw how the colour palette was selected last week and very soon I'll reveal how the quilt is coming along. I was thinking this would be a small throw for the back of a sofa but I'm enjoying the piecing so much it's given me some very much more ambitious ideas - we'll have to wait and see how those pan out!

Thanks for reading today. I hope whatever creative thing you're doing it's giving you satisfaction and pleasure.

Love Linda x

2 comments:

  1. I love how the tumbling blocks on your album wrap glow against the background. I find the back of pieced work fascinating and beautiful. Enjoy your handwork and the bounty from the garden.

    ReplyDelete