Saturday 30 April 2011

Treasure hunting

Every Saturday morning sees us searching the market stalls in our local town for interesting objects, especially old books that I can alter with paint and collage. No luck today sadly. There was one likely candidate but the price was too high - I only buy the bargains! We did find a treasure though -  Laura's latest plan is to make concertina style books to fit into old tins so today we were also hunting for suitable tins. We found a battered old Oxo tin that I hope she can bring back to life with a bit of TLC! It may not look much right now but I know she loves a challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda
    this tin really looks old. I have 3 from my mother in law. How could I 'bring it back to life'? I have no idea what to do.
    would appreciate your hints. Thank you.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Heidi,
    Yes, the tin is old and battered but I expect it will look much better when it's cleaned up a bit. Laura likes the aged and distressed look anyway so I don't think she'll want it to look like new. She has already started work on the book she intends to house in the tin so I'll make sure she lets everyone see the results when there's something to show.

    ReplyDelete