Wednesday 12 September 2012

Indulge me if you will

Ok, so I know people have babies all the time and those babies grow up and have their own babies. My friends have become grandparents and I haven't understood what all the fuss is about until this week when it's happened to me! I really appreciate all the lovely messages you've sent in response to the picture I posted of Laura's baby on the day she was born so I hope you'll indulge me if I show you a few more.


Let me introduce you to Amelie Elizabeth - it's hard to believe she's arrived a whole month earlier than expected isn't it?


She's only 2 days old here.


Out for the count on grandad's lap on day 3.


And weaving her spell over Great Aunt Maureen on day 4. (Yes that is an iPad on Laura's hospital pillow but I promise you I wasn't making her answer email!)


As a pre-term baby there have been a few concerns and Amelie has required careful monitoring from the hospital staff. Without exception everyone in the maternity unit has been absolutely marvellous. We are eternally grateful for their care and expertise. All the tests results have been good and we are hoping that Mom and baby will be allowed home in the next day or two.

Thank you for indulging me. I can't promise there won't be more photos but I'll try to resume normal service as soon as I can.

Talk to you soon - Linda


20 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most newborns let alone preemies aren't that attractive but Amelie is gorgeous. I can understand your NEED to post pictures. Keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Amelie is just beautiful, congratulations, and even us non grandma's understand. Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the pics. For a premmie she's not looking too small. Hope all continues to go well and Mum and Amelie are soon home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, it is so lovely to see the photos, she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww bless and Laura looks lovely too. Fab photos, thank you so much for sharing a lovely family time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course we will indulge you, what a beautiful name and a beautiful girl. Thanks for sharing and satisfying our curiosity too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Show as many photos as you want. I have observed my mom adoring my son and can see what a loving and special relationship they have. I think you have a lot to which to look forward! Amelie is beautiful and I am not just saying that!
    Jaye
    artquiltmaker.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the world Amelie, no doubt your mum and grandma have space at the sewing table for you when you are old enough to sit at it! Let the tradition continue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's absolutely beautiful and I think you're allowed to have a little indulgence! So glad to hear that mother and baby are doing well, thank you for sharing such a special moment with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Linda she is beautiful glad all is going well congrats again and love and best wishes to Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Grandma - she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful girl with a beautiful name and a proud mama and grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS to you all! There is no more blessed an event than welcoming babies into our world. Indeed it is a wondrous and extremely emotional event, so go on and celebrate - here and everywhere. That is great news that she is doing well after coming so early! Continued blessing for both baby and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beauty. She doesn't look like a primie at all. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh she is adorable! I won't object to you posting more pictures:) I love her name too. Best wishes to you all, glad baby is doing well. (I really miss mine being babies)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. What a beautiful little girl, she's absolutely perfect. I'd love to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome Amelie! You are so very beautiful and I know it won't be long until you are drawing beautiful pictures for your Gram's fridge door. I also bet that your Gram has drawn your beautiful profile into her sketchbook already or has plans to do so soon. Your name is the same as one of my favorite movies. Welcome little one and I hope to see you grown up to be as talented in your heart's pursuits as your family members. Wishing you a life full of joy. (On a side note, as I brought in the mail I saw a package from Fingerprint. Oh my gosh! My husband got the not so subtle hint and I know that I will have a wonderful package from you to open on my birthday. I wonder what he ordered? Hints? LOL! Laura, take care and enjoy each and every moment with your dear little one.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable little doll. Don't apologize for the pictures. Please keep sharing them!

    Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please don't apologise for the photos. SHe is beautiful. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete