Tuesday 4 September 2012

Still here

I know I haven't blogged for a while but it's not because I've been slacking! The SiX and Friends' exhibition, 'Orientation' opens at the Redditch Needle Museum on Friday and we are all busy making final preparations. That makes it sound as though we are organised but the truth is most of the group are still stitching or painting. We do love a deadline but this time we are really pushing it!


Members of DMTV will recognise the quilt above. It's one of three Iris pieces that will be in the exhibition. Somehow Laura and I managed to agree to take part in two exhibitions that partially overlap this year. That shows a certain lack of foresight not to say good sense! It has spurred us on the be extra productive though. The detail below is part of a small quilt called 'Imagining' which I've made for 'Through our Hands' opening in Leamington Spa next month.


I've included digital embroidery this time and it's still so hot off the machine that I haven't even cut the jump stitches yet!


My third quilt for 'Through our Hands' is called 'Remembering'. I can only show you the very top left hand corner for a good reason. Yes, you guessed it - that's the only bit quilted yet but I have till the end of the month so I'm not panicking yet.


Finally, just to prove I have been working this summer, here's a quilt I've just made for DMTV. Hope you like it.


Thanks to everyone who's written to ask about Laura. She's being closely monitored by the maternity unit and trying to take things easy at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as there's news!

Hope lots of you can get to our upcoming exhibitions and maybe I'll even see you there! Bye for now - Linda

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I'm hoping to go to the Redditch exhibition with my mother and was wondering what day(s) you'll be there.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, I'm pleased to hear you and your mother are planning a visit. I'm hoping to be at the Meet the Artists' session this Saturday afternoon. That's probably the only time you can be sure to catch up with some members of the group. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to get to both exhibitions in the week when they overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie - that sounds like a very good plan! Hope you enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your tree silhouettes in that landscape quilt. All the best for the exhibition

    ReplyDelete