Saturday 15 September 2012

Well, what a week that was!

Here are the latest pics of Amelie, our perfect little grandchild. Don't you think those are artistic hands? She looks to me as though she's dancing a flamenco although I think she might actually be saying why can't these people buy me suits with sleeves that fit?


Amelie will never forgive me but I couldn't resist showing you this one. With that funny expression I think she's just humouring me by wearing this peapod green kimono jacket. She'll need to get used to the humiliation because there'll be many more hand knits to come!


It seems almost greedy to expect any other marvellous things to happen this week but I heard yesterday that I'd won Best in Show at Carrefour du Patchwork in Alsace, France. What a shock - it's almost impossible to take it in!


Remembering is one of a series I've made about memory. The moths represent the ideas and thoughts that arrive unbidden and disappear just as quickly, especially as we get older.


It's been very satisfying to bring together my sketchbook drawings with the photos I've taken of my moth collection and to have Laura print them for me on her wide format printer. Thank you Fingerprint!

Have a good weekend and I'll try to come back down to earth before I post again - Linda

13 comments:

  1. Linda...I have been trying to find a way to contact you and Laura to offer my congratulations...and I have done it at last! What a lucky girl to be welcomed into your family...and I'm sure those as yet little hands will produce award winning works just like her Grandma. Amelie is just perfect isn't she? You will relish being a grandmother...I reckon that was what I was born to be! We live on the same property as our three grandsons, and they are at our house every day after school. It is such a precious time...even at their ages. The twins are now 14 and their brother...an aspiring All Black is 11. It has taken no time for the years to pass...time truly flies so enjoy every second. Sadly our only granddaughter. Lives in Scotland. We seldom get to see her and she will also be 14 in a few weeks.
    Huge love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bonnie but I think we're the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that Amelie will appreciate those beautiful hand knits, Linda! Congratulations on your quilt...it is stunning and a worthy winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelie looks so cute in her little kimono. We all have photos that we wish our Gram's had not taken! Again, congratulations on an amazing piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again Linda the quilt is amazing. You will love being a Grandmother it is so special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Linda - it is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, a well deserved win, what a week, love the little kimono jacket, would love one full size :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Linda, your quilt is certainly deserving of high class recognition and of course little Amelie will be so proud of her grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Linda! That is an outstanding quilt. Amelie is a beauty - and yes, those little hands do look artistic!

    Cleta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Linda- you are a very worthy winner!!!
    And what a sweetheart Amelie is:) I think she'll be a very talented young lady- with all those artistic genes and beautifully hand crafted clothes, how could she not be? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amelie has very artistic hands, how could she not? And as Laura is often wearing Mum's clothes I'm sure Amelie will continue the tradition for a long time yet! Lol

    And as a very proud owner of one of you Moth series quilts I'm not surprised you've won best in show, even prouder in fact! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sincere thanks to everyone for talking the time to get in touch. I really appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Your quilt is certainly a worthy winner. Baby and winning quilt - how wonderful for you all!

    ReplyDelete