Sunday 6 May 2012

Next step

Yesterday I added the bare bones of spiky tree silhouettes to the landscapes and today I started to paint on some leaves and fruit.


I've been looking at the landscapes of Egon Schiele and Indian Miniature paintings for inspiration. Not to copy you understand - just for atmosphere. The Indian paintings are particularly decorative in the treatment of trees.


I wanted to be able to see the spiky branches so there aren't many leaves!


And the fruits have no visible means of support yet.


I hoped some interest at the lower edge would anchor the trees to the ground. The grasses are a commercial stamp. I don't often use other people's stamps but this just seemed perfect - here's a closer detail.


I'll look at these again tomorrow before I decide what to do next.

Enjoy your weekend. It's a holiday here so another good reason to be painting all day!

Thanks for reading - Linda

2 comments:

  1. Love the atmosphere you have created in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the addition of the trees! and those grasses are just beautiful at the bottom they add a nice feeling of movement.

    ReplyDelete