Wednesday 4 May 2011

Deadlines looming!

I have been really productive over the last few weeks but it has meant I now have a heap of new quilt tops with nothing much actually finished. With exhibition dates getting alarmingly close it is very satisfying to take each piece and add the finishing touches.

Here I'm using white fabric paint to accentuate the shapes of the cresting waves in my Big Wave quilt. Adding detail and focus with paint at the very end of the making process is one of my favourite things. This one is nearly there now - just needs its label and it's done. That's more than can be said for the growing collection of projects on the design wall!
All of these pieces are potentially quilts for our exhibition - just need to find a few hours stitching time.
Maybe, instead of sitting here chatting I should be working on them right now!

3 comments:

  1. Can wait to see the fruits of your labor. Sending positive energy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planing on trying to catch the expo. It will be exciting to see a lot of DMTV come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog - looking forward to seeing those quilts stitched....I always love to see how different tops are once quilted.

    ReplyDelete